Tips to speed along your cold
We are smack dab in the middle of cold and flu season. With all the crazy weather Mother Nature has been throwing us lately, it might be harder to get over those seasonal illnesses than usual. Here are a few tips for you to stay healthy this winter:
1. Wash your hands frequently and properly. A quick rinse under the faucet may not be enough to keep germs away. Wash for a full 30 seconds using warm water and soap. Drying them afterwards is also important.
2. Skip that late night TV and get some sleep. If you are under the weather, your body is doing a lot of work fighting those nasty germs. Rest is imperative to getting you back on your feet.
3. Drink lots of water. Water will help flush out those germs and keep your hydrated.
4. Eat healthy foods. While you may not feel all that hungry, getting a natural dose of vitamin C from an orange or apple can really help speed up your recovery. The probiotics found in yogurt can also help. Check out the produce section in your supermarket and get chomping.
5. Stay home if you are sick. Trudging along when you are sick is not only detrimental to your recovery because it can deplete you of much needed rest. It will also keep the cycle of illness moving along with everyone you come in contact with. Removing yourself from crowds and avoiding other potentially sick people can stop that nasty cycle.
Remember that your health insurance carrier is a great resource to help you get through the winter. If you have any questions about doctors, prescriptions or other medical related topics, call us for help. We can contact your health insurance provider to see what is available to you and your loved ones. We hope you feel better soon!