Start the New Year Off Right with an Annual Insurance Review
Nothing stays the same forever - not the latest fashion trend, your hairstyle, or your insurance needs. Many people believe that insurance policies are a one and done. Buy it and forget it. In reality, all insurance policies need to be reviewed each year. It’s an easy way to make sure you have the right amount and type of insurance coverage based on your life right now.
Why You Need an Annual Insurance Review
The more things change, the more they stay the same. That might be true on some levels, but homes increase (or decrease) in value, vehicles change, and families grow and shrink. All of these things mean that your insurance coverage needs to change, too. There are many reasons why you need to review your policies at least once a year.
- Your home value may have increased. Your current policy might not cover the total amount needed to rebuild.
- If you’ve made upgrades or renovations, you may have increased the value of your home and require more or a different kind of coverage.
- Having a baby or helping a child move out impacts the type of coverage you need from life insurance to auto insurance.
- Starting a new home-based business means your homeowner’s insurance might not be enough. It could be time for business insurance coverage.
- Getting married or divorced changes your personal insurance needs like life, auto, and even health.
- You may qualify for discounts based on changes you’ve made to your home, vehicle, and more.
By not reviewing your insurance policies yearly, you not only leave yourself unprotected but you might be leaving money on the table.
What You Can Expect at an Annual Review
This isn’t the kind of annual review you have to dread. It’s as easy as having a conversation with your insurance agent. When you meet with us, bring copies of all your current insurance policies, any lease or registration information for new vehicles, the names and driver’s license information for new drivers, and information about new family members born or that moved in with you in the past year.
We’ll sit down and have a conversation, though, it might sound like we’re being a little nosy.
- Did you get married this year? Divorced?
- Are you driving a new or different vehicle?
- Have you bought any new valuables or art?
- Are you working from home now?
- Did you remodel your home, update your landscaping, or get a new roof?
We love hearing about all the changes in your life, but it’s more important to us that you have the right amount and type of insurance coverage, too. It may be time to buy life insurance or update your existing policy. You may need to increase the total amount of your homeowner’s policy or remove an old driver from your auto insurance. In one conversation, you can walk away knowing that you’ve taken steps to protect your home, your family, and yourself.
Ready for an annual insurance review? Contact us at Ross Insurance today to talk about your current policies and your needs going forward.