I’ve Had An Accident…Now What?
When you are involved in an accident, there are thousands of different thoughts that run through your head. Am I alright? Is the other person alright? What do I do now? If no one is injured, try to keep calm and remember that your vehicle and possessions can be replaced, but a life cannot. While dealing with an auto accident can be stressful, the most important thing to remember is that everyone came through uninjured and is safe. We at Ross Insurance Agency believe in preparing for the worst, that way in the event of an accident you don't have to worry about which steps you need to take - you'll already be prepared. Below are just a few steps to take when involved in an accident:
- First ensure that you and any other passengers in your vehicle are alright. If you are not alright or there are injuries to a passenger, contact 911 emergency authorities or ask a bystander to do so for you!
- If you were involved in an accident with another vehicle, you will need to record some of their personal information. You will need things such as:
- Name, address and phone number of the owner and operator of the other vehicle.
- Year, make, and model of the other vehicle.
- Plate number of the other vehicle.
- Insurance company and Insurance agent of the other driver/owner.
- Driver's License number of the driver from the other vehicle.
They will probably be asking for similar information from you. This is typically called "exchanging information" and is necessary to open and get an insurance claim started!
If there was a great deal of damage, or you are running into problems exchanging information, we advise that you contact the authorities. The most important thing to remember is to contact us at Ross Insurance Agency so we can get your claim reported, answer questions you may have and start working on your behalf to have a speedy and pain free claim process. We care about the well being of our clients, which is why we want to offer you reliable and helpful assistance in this time of need.