The Webber & Grinnell Insurance Agency, Inc. values your privacy and we are committed to protecting personal information that we collect during the course of our business relationship. The collection, use, and disclosure of certain nonpublic personal information are regulated by law.
This notice is for your information only and requires no action on your part. It will inform you about the types of information we collect and how it may be disclosed. This does not reflect a change in the way we do business or handle your information.
Information We Collect:
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Applications or other forms such as claims forms or underwriting questionnaires completed by you
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Depending on the type of transaction you are conducting with us, information may be collected from consumer reporting agencies, health care providers, employers and other third parties
Information We Disclose:
We will only disclose the information described above, as permitted by law, to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties when necessary to conduct our normal business activities.
For example, we may make disclosures to the following types of third parties:
- Independent claims adjusters, investigators, other insurers, medical care institutions and attorneys who need the information to investigate, defend or settle a claim involving you
- Insurance regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business
- Lienholders, mortgagees, lessors or other persons shown on our records as having legal or beneficial interest in your policy
We do not sell your information to others for marketing purposes.
We do not disclose the personal information of persons who have ceased to be our customers.
Protection of Information:
The Webber & Grinnell Insurance Agency, Inc. maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to protect the confidentiality of personal information. We also limit employee access to personally identifiable information to those with a business reason for knowing such information.